Atlantic City the Jewel of the American East Coast
Situated in the state of New Jersey, Atlantic City is a port completely dedicated to cash games. Its superb hotels and casinos call to mind its direct competitor, the city of Las Vegas. It must be said that there is a certain similarity between these two United States gaming centres if one just compares luxury, extravagance, love of gaming etc. If Las Vegas can claim to have its famous “Strip”, Atlantic City has its equally well known “Boardwalk”. This Atlantic City gaming boulevard contains several hotel- casinos each more luxurious than the next.
The Best Hotels and Casinos in Atlantic City
As the main gaming centre on the American east coast Atlantic City has casinos which are excellent on all counts. These are generally found within the large luxury hotels such as the Borgata, the Tropicana Casino Resort Atlantic City, the Marina Hotel and Casino, the Hilton Casino Resort etc. A leader amongst them, the Borgata has 2002 bedrooms. Its gaming area is spread over more than 12000 square metres and has 200 gaming tables as well as 4100 slot machines. Its poker room also has the advantage of hosting several very prestigious poker tournaments every year. The Borgata is also the perfect place for relaxation due to its very luxurious spa. As regards entertainment, its two night clubs and its bars are open to players to carry on into the night.
With its 2125 bedrooms, the Tropicana Casino Resort Atlantic City is considered to be the largest hotel in the city and also in the state of New Jersey. It is also a leader as regards cash games. A gaming area estimated to be 14000 square metres awaits players with slot machines and video poker and also has tables for craps, baccarat, roulette and poker. With its private marina, the Marina Hotel and Casino is well named. As well as being a leader in the area of accommodation thanks to its spacious and very luxurious rooms, this establishment has one of the best casinos in Atlantic City. Poker, baccarat, roulette, blackjack, slot machines and video poker are available to players looking for excitement and enormous winnings. In Atlantic City the Hilton Casino Resort proudly wears the Hilton hotel chain’s colours with its 800 “deluxe” rooms. Its casino has a multitude of slot machines and different table games such as roulette, blackjack, Pai Gow, Omaha, Five Stud not forgetting Texas Hold’em. The hotels mentioned above form only a tiny part of the accommodation and entertainment available in the city of Atlantic City.
The other features of Atlantic City and its future.
Certainly, Atlantic City doesn’t yet have the reputation of Las Vegas but its geographical situation and its port make it a much more accessible destination for fans of casino games and poker. Atlantic City is also a city of entertainment with a very lively nightlife. After a few games of poker or other casino games, luxury bars and nightclubs await visitors for a great night out. On the other hand several projects which are in the pipeline will quickly change things. Notably the immanent opening of the Revel Entertainment Group’s mega-casino will give new life to the development of Atlantic City.
Its hotel will have a capacity of about 3500 bedrooms. At 216 metres high it will change the skyline by becoming the largest building in the city. Atlantic City is also awaiting the opening, planned for 2012, of two huge hotel-casinos belonging to Pinnacle Entertainment and the MGM Mirage. The MGM Mirage project is particularly large since an immense casino with 200 gaming tables and 5000 slot machines will be built onto the 3000 room hotel. So in the near future, poker and casino fans will have to face a more complicated dilemma choosing between Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
News about Atlantic City Casino
- Will online gambling save Atlantic City’s land based casinos? To-day for the first time all players located in the state of New Jersey were legally able to sign up to gamble in an online casino. After a five day trial period that has been generally successful, the hopes are high that online casinos could come to the rescue of ailing land based casinos in ... Read More
- New Jersey Land Based Casinos Interested in Online Gambling New Jersey is one of only three states in America where intra state online gambling is permitted, the other two states are Nevada and Delaware. In these three states players may legally gamble online when the online casino market in each state is launched but players who wish to visit an online casino in New ... Read More
- Atlantic City’s Revel Casino to File for Bankruptcy Protection When Revel Casino finally opened in the spring of 2012 it had been hoped that it would reverse the fortunes of the Atlantic City casino industry. As the city’s twelfth casino and the first new casino to be built there since 2003 there were great hopes that the Revel resort would bring players into New ... Read More
- Movement in New Jersey Online Gambling Legislation Earlier in December a proposed bill to permit online gambling where casinos in Atlantic City could host websites offering online poker and casino games was approved by the New Jersey State Assembly. The bill was approved by 48 votes in favour compared to 24 against with 4 abstentions. The next step after this was to ... Read More
- Atlantic City Casino Income Down in September Despite the hopes that the opening of Atlantic City’s newest land based casino Revel would boost the gambling market in the city, revenue overall was down 12.10 per cent excluding revenue from Revel. When compared to gambling income in September 2011, the twelve land based casinos in Atlantic City have shown a decline of over ... Read More
- Resorts Casino Atlantic City to be Run by Mohegan Tribe The Resorts Casino Hotel on the Boardwalk in Atlantic City, New Jersey is the oldest casino in Atlantic City. The casino opened in May 1978 and was completely reorganised when it was bought in 2010 for 34 million dollars by Dennis Gomes, a well known Atlantic City casino operator and the New York based property ... Read More
- Major New Casino Resort to Open in Atlantic City With the proposed opening of the Revel Entertainment group’s hotel-casino resort in Atlantic City in the early summer of 2012 the hope is that it will revitalise the casino industry in the city which has been in decline in recent years. On the other hand there is concern that the new casino resort will draw ... Read More